- Must be 18 - 40 years old.
- Must not be pregnant or nursing.
- Must have moderate fine eyebrow hair, dry skin and small pores.
- Must not be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs during the appointment.
- Must not have any tattoo, microblading or permanent make-up done previously on the eyebrows.
- Must not have acne around the eyebrows or sensitive skin as there will be more bleeding during the procedure, poor color retention, and a higher risk of scarring.
You are not a candidate if you have any of the following conditions:
- Epilepsy, hemophilia, viral infections or diseases.
- Allergies to alcohol or numbing agents.
- Skin conditions on or near eyebrows. This includes rashes, psoriasis, eczema, melasma, rosacea, shingles, varicella, open cuts, wounds, sores, scar tissue, etc.
- Auto-immune disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes, other healing disorders, pacemaker, mitral valve disorder, other major heart conditions, uncontrolled blood pressure, etc. Any medical condition that affects your skin, prevents your blood from clotting or affects how your body heals will lead to unpredictable healed results.
- Darker skin tones are more prone to Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation or keloids. With Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation the microbladed skin may produce melanin and become darker in color, the pigment may heal patchy or not visible at all.
- Active cancer or are currently going through chemotherapy.
- Plastic surgery to the eyebrow area within the last 3 months.
Medication & Product requirements
You are not a candidate if you use any of the following medications or products:
- Steroids, anxiety medications or antidepressants.
- Blood thinning medications. No Ibuprofen, Aspirin or any other blood thinning medication, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure (Tylenol is ok).
- Blood thinning supplements. No Vitamin E, Fish oils, Niacin, or any other blood thinning supplements 14 days before the procedure.
- AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), Retin-A, or other acids and products for exfoliating, anti-aging, brightening, tone correcting or fading. They will discolor the microbladed eyebrows. Stop them at least 2 weeks before.
- Juvederm, Botox or fillers in the eyebrow area. Please wait at least 4 weeks.
- Skin medications like Accutane, which thin and make the skin more sensitive. Please wait 6 months after getting off any skin medication.