You must read the following before continuing…
The List of Contraindications
Who Cannot Receive Microblading
- Those under 18 years old.
- Those who are pregnant or nursing.
- Those who are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs during the appointment.
- Unfortunately we are not specialized in male shapes, hair-stroke patterns and skin types.
- Those with epilepsy, hemophilia, viral infections and/or diseases.
- Those with allergies to alcohol or numbing agents like lidocaine.
- Those who have skin conditions on or near eyebrows. This includes rashes, psoriasis, eczema, melasma, rosacea, shingles, varicella, open cuts, wounds, sores, scar tissue, etc.
- Those who have auto-immune disease, thyroid disorders, diabetes, other healing disorders, pacemaker, mitral valve disorder, other major heart conditions, uncontrolled blood pressure, etc are not the best candidates. Any medical condition that affects your skin, prevents your blood from clotting or affects how your body heals can lead to unpredictable healed results (ex: blurry hair-strokes, migration of the color, extreme fading, etc).
- Those who have darker skin tones as they may be more prone to Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation or keloids. With Post Inflammatory Hyper-pigmentation the microbladed skin may produce melanin and become darker in color (grey, blue, brown or black) and the pigment may heal patchy or may be hidden by the melanin completely and not be visible at all.
- Those who are going through chemotherapy or have active cancer - we will request a doctor’s note before we can perform the procedure on you.
- Those who have had plastic surgery done in the eyebrow area, please wait 3 months at least before scheduling an appointment.
- Those who are taking steroids, anxiety medications or antidepressants.
- Those who are taking skin medications like Accutane, which thin and make the skin more sensitive. Please wait 6 months after getting off any skin medication before scheduling your appointment.
Previous work on the eyebrows (tattoo, microblading or other permanent make-up)
- We do not perform corrections or removals.
- We do not touch-up another artist’s microblading work as we all have different styles and patterns for the hair-strokes.
- The previous work must be faded by at least 80-90% for us to be able to microblade hair-strokes over it. You must not have any scare tissue from your previous work as this will affect your healed results.
- If you have previous work done and it’s very faded, please email us a clear, close-up photo of your eyebrows with no make-up on so we can evaluate first before you book an appointment. Our email address is email@example.com.
Who Is Not A Good Candidate
- Those who are taking blood thinning medications. No Ibuprofen, Aspirin or any other blood thinning medication, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure (Tylenol is ok).
- Those who are taking blood thinning supplements. No Vitamin E, Fish oils, Niacin, or any other blood thinning supplements 14 days before the procedure.
- Those who are using AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), Retin-A, or other acids and products for exfoliating, anti-aging, brightening, tone correcting or fading. They will discolor the microbladed eyebrows so make sure you stop them at least 2 weeks before your appointment.
- Those who have had Juvederm, Botox or other fillers done in the eyebrow area. Please wait at least 4 weeks before scheduling your appointment.
- Those who smoke - their microblading will fade faster.
- Those with hyper elastic/lax/loose skin.
- Those with acne around their eyebrows or flaky/sensitive/mature skin as they will bleed more during the procedure and have poor color retention. They are also at more risk of scarring over time.
- Those with more oily skin and larger pores. The microbladed hair-strokes might heal patchier, needing more frequent touch-ups. Combo brows (microblading and shading) is more recommended for clients with more oily skin as it helps with pigment retention.
- Those with thick/coarse eyebrow hair. You must have fine eyebrow hair for the most natural microblading results as the hair-strokes will blend in better with the eyebrow hair. Combo brows (microblading and shading) is more recommended for clients with sparse or thick/coarse eyebrow hair as the shading will help fill in the eyebrows more.
Precare & Aftercare
before your appointment
It is important to follow these instructions to ensure your skin bleeds minimally and retains the pigment well.
- 24 hours before - no caffeine
- 24 hours before - no exercising as it expands the pores
- 48 hours before - no alcohol
- 2 to 3 days before - no Ibuprofen, Aspirin or blood thinning medication (Tylenol is okay)
- 7 days before - no plucking, waxing or threading
- 14 days before - no vitamin E, fish oils, or niacin
- 14 days before - no extensive sun exposure or sunburns
- 14 days before - no AHA’s or any creams/face washes for exfoliating, anti-aging, tone correcting and fading as they may cause pigment discoloration
- 4 weeks before - no laser treatments, micro-needling, dermaplaning, any other facials, Botox or other fillers, and chemicals peels
- 6 months before - no Accutane and/or steroids which thin and make the skin more sensitive
- Menstrual cycles - avoid scheduling your procedure during this time. Your skin will be more sensitive and likely to bleed.
- You can bring a photo or you can look through our gallery and see which style/color you like. These will also be discussed with your artist during your appointment.
after your appointment
Aftercare is very important to the longevity and appearance of your eyebrows post procedure.
- 7 to 10 days after - no water, soap, lotion, or makeup on your eyebrows. Be careful when you shower not get your eyebrows wet. If they accidentally get water, tap your eyebrows immediately with a dry cloth. You may gently clean the eyebrows in one direction with a baby wipe once or twice a day. Sparingly apply the aftercare ointment daily with a Q-tip in the morning or at night.
- 14 days after - no scrubbing or picking at the treated area. No sweating, exercising, or swimming. Do not touch the eyebrows except when cleaning the area and applying ointment. No excessive alcohol. Avoid dirty places where there is lots of airborne debris.
- Permanently avoid - sun tanning, salon tanning, chemical peels, laser treatments, facials, acne or anti-aging skincare containing Retin-A, glycolic acid or other acids and chemicals on the eyebrows. These will fade your color faster and may discolor your eyebrows. Always apply sunscreen on your eyebrows to protect your color from changing or fading.
DEPOSITS & TOUCH-UPS
For all appointments with Denisa and Kailey there is a deposit due at time of booking to hold your appointment. This amount will be debited immediately upon payment. You must pay the remaining balance during your scheduled appointment.
Microblading requires two sessions for most clients to achieve the desired results. The perfecting touch-up that follows your initial procedure costs $150 + tax if scheduled within 6-8 weeks of your initial procedure. We will schedule your touch-up before you leave on the day of your appointment. There is a $75 + tax ($82.50) deposit due at time of booking to hold your appointment. This amount will be debited immediately upon payment. You must pay the remaining balance during your scheduled touch-up appointment.
We reserve the right to cancel your appointment and your deposit will not be refunded/transferred toward a future appointment, AND the remaining balance of your appointment will be charged in full if:
- You are a no-show.
- You are more than 15 minutes late (as all appointments are booked back-to-back).
- You fail to give 72 hours notice for rescheduling or cancelling your appointment for any reason.
- You fail to follow pre-appointment instructions or read through the contraindications list.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you may do so online on our booking site, by giving us a call, or sending us an email any time up to 72 hours before your scheduled appointment or your deposit will not be refunded/transferred toward a future appointment, AND the remaining balance of your appointment will be charged in full.
If you bring guests with you they are welcome to wait in the waiting area. They will not be allowed in the room with you to observe the procedure.
Pets and children under the age of 18 will not be allowed in our studio due to insurance and state law.